Thursday, April 3, 2008

Good Day

Today was a fun-filled day in the studio.  Here's a peek at my latest painting/collage thing:Here's a detail:

I also started soaking some 140lb watercolor paper in tea:

At least I'm pretty sure it's watercolor paper.  Bev, our programming director at the Arsenal Center, found it in the storage area and gave it to me to investigate.  Treasure!  My studio neighbor, Dawn, thinks it might be meant for Iris Prints, in which case the surface may not be sized appropriately for watercolor.  It took the tea well, though.  And I plan on painting on it with gouache, which sticks to just about anything.  I do have specific plans for these little guys, which I will explain at a later date, when things are further along.  In the meantime I'm going to try soaking the rest of the paper in different kinds of tea to get some different colored stains.  These kinds of little experiments make me giddy.  And the paper's mysterious origin gives me an extra little thrill!  

No comments: