Monday, May 12, 2008

The cardinal finally got his mate today.  I borrowed their clothes from an actual husband and wife in one of my vintage photos from the early 1900's.  But the distortion caused by curve of the egg in the photo above makes the female cardinal look kind of like one of those head- bopping club guys from Saturday Night Live.  

What is Love?  
Baby don't hurt me, 
don't hurt me 
no more.  

I'm doing the head-bopping right now.

I also made this goldfinch dude.  See his little pocket square? Ew, that little black shadow on his shoulder has got to go first thing tomorrow.

And here they are all together.  

2 comments:

Debby said...

You're right-- these eggs ARE magnificent! So glad we got to see you and your new work on Saturday. :)

Kaetlyn Wilcox said...

Thanks Debby!

It was supremely fun to get to hang out with you and Ian this weekend. Thanks for coming to the show--as always!

lovies,
K