Saturday, May 10, 2008

More Eggs

I was a space shot in the studio yesterday, but I did paint some more eggs with flat color.  I like them the way they are, but I plan to paint bird portraits on them.  Leaving them monochromatic would be too easy, and I don't trust easy paintings.  These little portraits are inspired by many things, including British regency period miniature paintings.  Oh, Jane Austen, I love you!  I also worked more on my bean plants, but I didn't take a picture.  

The opening for my Weston Public Library show is this afternoon.  I hope all of the paintings are still hanging securely on the walls!  

2 comments:

david santos said...

Excellent post.
Thank you

Adria Arch said...

Kaetlyn, good luck on the show. I can't come by, but I know it will look wonderful. I love the eggs!! Keep going on these - I see an installation coming...

Adria