Saturday, April 11, 2009

Something Old, Something New

Cat B. came into my studio on Friday, and remarked that she liked this old, unfinished friend that has been languishing in the back of my studio for the past six months:  
I pulled it out and worked on it a bit more.  The truth of the matter is that I'm a sucker for praise.  But I also really like this piece, as it bridges the gap between my larger watercolor/gouache paintings and my smaller, acrylic bird-people paintings.  And I will be happy to resolve it.  So the praise isn't my only motivator here.  Don't worry.

I'm also working on this big egg:
It's meant to be free-standing, which is different for me, since getting involved with that third dimension makes me nervous.  

I've also put some images of my work (and other bits of life) up here on flickr.   Being new to flickr is kind of like walking into a party where you don't know anyone....

No comments: