Monday, January 18, 2010

Slow and Steady

That was the theme of the day. I started the morning with some slow, steady shoveling. My shoveling strategy is based on the idea that while I may possess limited amounts of brawn, my patience knows no bounds.

It was a slow and steady painting day as well. I worked on refining things and adding some details. On days like these I don't have any truly earth-shaking progress to share, but that's how the process goes sometimes. Beginning an image always feels so dramatic. Everything happens so fast. Finishing an image is not nearly as sexy, but it's a billion times more fun than shoveling snow.
Do you see how Marcus will get into the room to rescue Petunia?
I know, I know. The guy saves the girl? For real? What kind of Wellesley Woman am I? It was originally the other way around, but I can't fight the flow of character development. It's all very justified. I promise.

2 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Those curtains are a wonder, plus they have the whole firefly thing going on.

Unknown said...

The first thing I was drawn to was the curtains too! then the jar!! It's awesome...but I'm worried about Marcus...once he's in the room what will he do!!!!!!!! ahhhhh