Friday, February 5, 2010

Back Up and Running

Welcome to the inaugural blog post created on "Kaetlyn's Computer II," my shiny new hard drive!  We had a "teach a man to fish moment" over here at the Wilcox-Able house last night, during which I installed my own hard drive.  I was shocked at how easy it was.  I didn't have to learn a single spell or incantation.  I just had to screw and unscrew some teeny, tiny screws.   

I started a new series of little paintings this week.  I'm thinking of them as short stories.  If you've been reading my blog for a while, you might remember the original, black and white version of the first piece below.



The stylized vines and leaves swirling around behind the animals come from this book on early American decorative patterns that I found in the library: 
Do you like my hat?  I like it so much that I wore it all day in my studio.  Charley's Aunt Pat made the hat and my student, Susan, made the flower pin. 


6 comments:

Julia Kelly said...

I love the bird hanging out on the antlers- and the pattern is wonderful, I love bringing things from other times.

ArtSparker said...

Beautiful work, just lovely. I particularly like the two foxes.

Lou Murphy said...

Really lovely little paintings, I like the foxes too. And the hat, obviously!

Kaetlyn Wilcox said...

Thanks! I have more of these in the works.

Three Graces said...

these are absolutely wonderful:) I can't wait for your show in June!! talk to you soon,

kim

gaia said...

Yay for new, easy, hard drives ...and lovely paintings! I really like the wall paper-ish backgrounds.